The Millard Plaza Ballroom is proud to unveil our recently remodeled venue. During two whirlwind weeks in August, 2010, the Millard Plaza Ballroom received:
- New carpeting – A renaissance print in camel and red
- New dancefloor and Entry – Polished and black dyed concrete. I learned the black dye is made from a carbon that is mined in only four places in the world. It is a beautiful shiny surface that allows photographers to capture mirror images on the dancefloor.
- New coat of paint – The ballroom walls are a deep red, the area behind the bar and the entry are camel. In addition, a majority of the woodwork has been painted black.
- New formica and cabinet at the bar – couldn’t ignore the bar!
- New signage, “Entrance” sign and black canopies on the exterior. The sign is channel set letters and is LED with a sensor. No more remembering to turn the sign on and off! It is also much more energy efficient.
- Here’s a photo of our new sign:
2 thoughts on “Newly remodeled!”
This was a gorgeous upgrade for Dee and her venue. Millard Plaza Ballroom was already one of the busiest venues in Omaha, now it will just go through the roof! Great work, Dee!
Thank you, Don! It’s our partnership with quality vendors like Complete Music that allow us to design successful events for our clients.
By the way, your dj Tay W. really saved the night last Saturday. Our reception was a very short term engagement as the couple were being stationed in North Carolina and wanted to have the nuptials in Omaha prior to leaving. As a result, the crowd was small but Tay made it mighty! He engaged them in some fun ice breakers that really set the tone for the rest of the night. During dinner he was able to evaluate the crowd and the mood and initiate what it took to make it successful. In addition, he was a champ to work with during the ceremony – he hit all the cues I sent him via text which resulted in the music for the ceremony being perfect. Thanks for choosing him for this couple!