5. Trash the dress photo op. Haven’t heard of it? http://bit.ly/cVd274 Women take their dress the day after the big day and just have a hay day with all sorts of messy props. Paint, water, mud, food you name it you’re playing with it in your beautiful white or cream dress dress. Pretty sure Lane of Lane Weddings (photography) can do this for you.
4. Sell your dress on craigslist. No kidding, a lot of brides want a beautiful dress but don’t or can’t spend the money on it. Vintage is in, don’t want to use your mom’s…sell it!
3. Donate it. There is a wonderful cause out there called brides against breast cancer :http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/ they take your dress and sell it and the proceeds go to making memories to grant final wishes to women and men suffering from terminal breast cancer.
2. Have your gown used to make your child’s christening gown. There are a number of alteration specialists that can do this for you. But first make sure you have your gown cleaned.
1. Last but not least, have your wedding gown preserved. You spent a lot of money on the pivotal piece of your wedding and your future children may want to see your dress and actually wear it or alter it later to suite their needs. To have your wedding dress preserved means that your dress is cleaned and treated in order to get the stains seen and unseen off. It is then put into a museum quality archival chest. We at Omaha Lace Cleaners specializes in wedding gown restoration and preservation. We have over 86 years in caring for wedding gowns.
those are just a few things a bride can do with her wedding dress, it would be shame not to at least try one of these things listed, and hey if you go to the right gown preservation/restoration cleaner (i.e. Omaha Lace) they may even be able to “Untrash” your dress from the photo shoot.
1 thought on “5 things to do with your wedding dress after the big day”
Ofcourse preserving it is the best idea, but I love option 3 of donating it. Great ideas!